The health benefits of beets are:
- One of the most amazing health benefits of beets is that it has no trans-fats and no saturated fats. Hard to believe, but true! It is extremely low in calories as well. Hence, it fills your stomach and its slight sweet taste satiates your sweet tooth also. This food helps in reducing the sugar craving and benefits your health in many ways.
- Easy to eat: Beets can be purchased from the market and stored for days in the refrigerator. Simply, slice couple of beets and store them in the refrigerator. Every time you feel hungry or feel the need to munch something, have the beets you saved earlier. No cooking required and cold beets taste good as well.
- Beets are rich in carbohydrates and it is great way to quickly energize your body. Other processed foods are also high in carbohydrates but they are a poor source of energy. Beets are more or less like an energy food or fuel for the body.
- Beet is a great source of mineralsas they are rich in sodium, calcium, phosphorous, iron as well as magnesium. Beets also have dietary fiber in it. It also contains noticeable amounts of niacin, Vitamin C as well as Vitamin A.
- Beets have folic acid in it. Folic acid is important for the proper growth of new cells. Folic acid is required for the health of pregnant women and someone who requires physical healing. Many people take supplements that have folic acid in it, however, taking the health benefits of beets everyday will fulfill your folic acid need that too in a natural way. Yes, at times taking supplements is essential for health, however, if you can have something natural and avoid that supplement will be good for your health.
- Research has indicated that the health benefits of beets are helpful in preventing several kinds of cancer, mainly colon cancer.
- Research has also indicated that having beets everyday helps in protecting the body from many heart problems.
- Beets are available in all the seasons. So whenever you want to have them you can get it from the grocery store. You do not have to wait for one full season for fresh produce before you can take the health benefits of beets.
- You can have beets in the raw form as well as boiled, steamed or sautéed forms. You can also have the juice of fresh beets. However the juice of beet has a very strong taste and may not be like by all, but beet juice is an excellent health tonic. You can mix beet juice with carrot juice and apple juice to reduce the strong taste.
- Beets are natural blood cleanser and colon cleanser.
Need help creating a healthy food-lifestyle contact NATASHA