Cold water fish
- They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats which make them the good fat foods.
- The best fish are mackerel, salmon, trout and tuna. Each serving of fish contains nearly thousands of milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Some other fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats are mussels, sardines, char, anchovies, halibut, and black cod.
- For people who do not eat fish, fish oil supplements are the choice.
- Plant oils are also good fat foods and are a best alternatives to saturated fats.
- Hemp seed oil, grape seed oil, flax seed oil, olive oil are the best oils which contain polyunsaturated fats. Olive oil even contains monounsaturated fats.
- Canola oil is also a good fat foods which contains polyunsaturated fats. They provide even omega-3 fatty acids nearly 8 times more the olive oil.
Nuts and Seeds
- The excellent sources of god fats are nuts and seeds.
- Almonds, hazelnuts, & cashews contain monounsaturated fats
- Chia seeds and walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds and even Brazil nuts provide both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in equal amounts.